Herbs have been a component of medicine and food for thousands of years. While we have advanced in many areas such as domestication, we have forgotten the pure pleasure of growing plants and the skills by which to be successful. This book creates a historical picture of herbs used in the Outlander book series and/or STARZ show. It allows the reader to have a historical perspective on how herbs were used, current use, and how to grow them in a way that brings the story to life.
The book includes:
- Basic gardener primer to get you started.
- Storyline reference to how the herbs are used in the Outlander book series and/or STARZ show.
- Present day medical/culinary use of the mentioned herbs.
- Gardening directions for urban and landless gardeners.
- Actionable garden project based on a landscape design from Versailles.